How You Can Help > Lead a CCAC Support Group
Your community may need you...
Patient Information/Support Group Facilitators are required for the Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada. Ideally, our facilitators will have a sound knowledge of colorectal cancer and the treatments. They may have some experience dealing with colorectal cancer patients, or could have been one themselves.
The CCAC will provide all the necessary training and will offer ongoing support to ensure that you will be successful.
Most of our existing support groups meet once per month.
Our information/support groups help patients to:
- Learn more about colorectal cancer.
- Learn more about the resources for people with colorectal cancer.
- Cope with their illness and with medical procedures.
- Have a better perspective on their illness.
- Feel more empowered and able to make choices.
- Talk with family and friends about their illness.
For more information, please contact:
Frank Pitman, Patient and Polunteer Support
Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada
1-877- 50 COLON, extension 229