Research & Trials > Selected Journal Articles
Research is constantly under way in the area of colorectal cancer. Scientists are looking for causes and ways to prevent colorectal cancer as well as ways to improve treatments. The CCAC is committed to providing support, advocacy and awareness in respect of colorectal cancer. In doing so, it is our hope that patients and caregivers will ultimately acquire a sense of empowerment and regain the lost feeling of control in their lives.
The following section is dedicated to the posting of selected colorectal cancer research-based articles the CCAC feels are worthy of attention. Click on a title below to read the article in its entirety. If you are looking for a more thorough and comprehensive list of research summaries, may we suggest you access the Clinical Research Section located under the “Research” Heading of our website.
- Short-Acting Agents and Dissociative Agents for Conscious Sedation During Endoscopy Procedures: Systemic Review of Clinical and Cost-Effectiveness Guidelines
- One Tiny Incision to Perform Lifesaving Colon and Kidney Surgery
- Interdisciplinary Canadian Guidelines on the Use of Metal Stents in the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Association between pre-diagnostic circulating vitamin D concentration and risk of colorectal cancer
- Insomnia is common, likely under diagnosed among people with cancer undergoing chemotherapy
- Screening for Colorectal Cancer Powerpoint
- Fecal Immunochemical Tests for Colorectal Cancer Screening: A Systematic Review of Accuracy & Compliance
- Irinotecan Chemo Review
- NEJM screening for colon cancer
- aspirin and cancer study
- aspirin and cancer editorial