II. Physician-Directed Questions Regarding Suspicion of Colorectal Cancer
If your doctor suspects that you may have colorectal cancer, the following list of questions may aid in the discussion that takes place between you and your doctor when addressing the suspicion and subsequent course of action.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Suspicion of Colorectal Cancer
- What makes you suspect that I have colorectal cancer?
- What other medical conditions might be causing my symptoms?
- What are the common risk factors for colorectal cancer?
- Am I at increased risk for the disease? Why or why not?
- What types of examinations and diagnostic tests are performed to diagnose cancer of the colon or rectum?
- What do these tests involve?
- How should I prepare for these colorectal cancer tests? Instructions: _____________________________________________________________
- Will I be able to drive myself home after my test(s) or will I require someone to drive me?
- Will I require any special assistance at home after undergoing these diagnostic procedures?
- Should I call for my test results or will someone contact me?
Date to Call: _______________________________________
Telephone Number to Call: ____________________________
- Other Questions: