Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Suspicion of Colorectal Cancer
- What makes you suspect that I have colorectal cancer?
- What other medical conditions might be causing my symptoms?
- What are the common risk factors for colorectal cancer?
- Am I at increased risk for the disease? Why or why not?
- What types of examinations and diagnostic tests are performed to diagnose cancer of the colon or rectum?
- What do these tests involve?
- How should I prepare for these colorectal cancer tests? Instructions: _____________________________________________________________
- Will I be able to drive myself home after my test(s) or will I require someone to drive me?
- Will I require any special assistance at home after undergoing these diagnostic procedures?
- Should I call for my test results or will someone contact me?
Date to Call: _______________________________________
Telephone Number to Call: ____________________________
- Other Questions: